Monday, October 8, 2012

Menu Planning :: 31 Days of Homemaking


Menu planning has saved me so much time & money, once I started I wondered why I didn't do it sooner!  Having at least dinner planned helps so much.  I shop for groceries almost always every other week, so I plan 2 weeks at a time.  I make simple meals that are easy and healthy.  We eat mainly a high protein (meat) and vegetable diet with very few breads, etc.  Having lunch planned is handy too, especially if there aren't leftovers to be eaten.  I do my menu planning on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning.

Keep it simple when menu planning, I normally only plan for:
1. Main Dish
2. 1 to 2 sides
That's all.  To menu plan you just need simple plans, nothing elaborate. 

This weeks dinner menu is:
Pizza (We had pizza last week and I made a double recipe of the dough.), & Salad
Lasagna (leftover from last week), & Salad
Sloppy Joe's, & Steamed Vegetables
Lasagna (we had a lot of leftovers) & Salad
Taco Soup with Tortilla Chips
Breakfast for Dinner
Taco Soup with Tortilla Chips (my recipe makes a lot, so we almost always have it two times).

My favorite menu planner is this one. You can view my previous menu plans here.

I know menu planning isn't for everyone, but it's worth it for me!

Read last weeks posts here:
Intro
Create a Morning Routine
Making an Evening Routine
Weekly Cleaning Schedule
How I Keep Up with the Mountains of Laundry
Don't Compare

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Thank you for sharing the link to your meal planning form. This is one area I'm hoping to conquer. I'm a mood eater so it's difficult to know what I want to eat two weeks from now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...