Friday, October 5, 2012

How I Keep Up with the Mountains of Laundry :: 31 Days of Homemaking


Source
Laundry is one of those things that never goes away.  Between cloth diapers, towels, & 2 little boys there's always a growing mountain.  It seems like as soon as I get all the laundry in the house done it's already piling up. 

I wash 2 loads of laundry a day.  One load of diapers and then either one of darks, lights, or towels.  Sheets are washed every other week or as needed.  If a load is started I try to make sure I have time in that day to be able to fold and put away that load.  Washing small loads is easier for me to make sure to put away.  When I have large loads I have a tendency to not get to putting the load away.

Image Source
I wash diapers daily so I have time to allow them to air dry.  Especially this time of year, it takes longer for clothes to air dry.  When you want something air dried by a certain time you need to make sure you have enough time to allow it too.

I found this neat tip on pinterest, I hope to start doing it soon.  This would be really time saving for large families.  It's also a good idea for little ones socks, they seam to get lost easily.

Be sure to read the other posts in this series here.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I wish I could get my husband to put his socks into a mesh bag like that! Getting them into the laundry basket has been enough of a s struggle, I dont want to try to retrain him at this point!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...