Monday, December 5, 2011

Quick Cinnamon Biscuits {Recipe}


On those cold mornings these make a fast and easy - not too sweet - tasty breakfast!  Going perfectly with a warm cup of tea.  Best part of this recipe is how much these turn out like 'regular' cinnamon rolls without all the time needed to make them! :)  That's a *big* plus for me as the 'morning person' in me is gone after becoming a Mommy! :)


Quick Cinnamon Biscuits
Makes: 1 dozen

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon
cinnamon/sugar for topping
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk

Blend dry ingredients. Cut in shortening. Add milk. Roll out and spread with butter, cinnamon, and sugar. Roll up and slice. Place in two, round greased baking pans. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Blend sugar and milk for glaze and pour over warm biscuits. Enjoy!


I hope you enjoy these if you try them and leave a comment! :)

Join the fun over at Our Simple Country Life!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

These look delicious! I look forward to trying them. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Barbara Neubeck said...

Love your recipe..the finished rolls look delicious. I will definately have a go at cooking these..Thanks
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Mary Jo Murch said...

These look great! I may have to make them for breakfast tomorrow. :o)

Unknown said...

Oh yum! Those look wonderful!

Thanks so much for posting on my Homemaking Link-Up this last weekend! Hope to see you again this weekend!

Have a lovely Christmas!

Sarah

Mama said...

I'm going to be making these today! :-) Thanks for the recipe!

A Restful Place said...

I hope you like them! I love how fast they are to make! :)

Mary Jo Murch said...

I did end up making these in December. I used whole wheat pastry flour and sucanat instead of brown sugar. They were fabulous! And I did love how much faster they were to make than yeasted cinnamon rolls. :)

HilT said...

I just found this recipe last night, from a link at Keeper of the Home, and made for breakfast this morning. They are delicious and the kids loved them. Love the quick alternative to raised cinnamon rolls.

Unknown said...

It's been awhile since I've hopped over here. I like your design. PS the cinnamon buns look amazing!

A Restful Place said...

Thanks! :)

Erin@ The Humbled Homemaker said...

I just tried to make another GF cinnamon roll recipe that turned out terribly! I turned back to this recipe because I remember them turning out so well before we went GF! I just converted them to be GF...so we'll see how they turn out for Christmas morning! Merry Christmas!! :)

Ben & Sarah said...

I just found your recipe and am so glad I did! They are better than my yeast cinnamon rolls! These are going to be a regular in my house. Thank you for posting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...