Thursday, October 11, 2012

Have Your Children Help :: 31 Days of Homemaking


Having your children help can make your homemaking a bit easier.  I find it easier to watch him too, he's working with me and not in some other room making messes, etc. :)

My 2 year old helps with so many things.  He unloads the dishwasher by handing me everything so I can put it away.  This was super handy when I was pregnant when it was so uncomfortable to bend over. : )  He loves to do it too, he's always so eager to "wash the dishes!"!  My 2 year old can also help me by picking up toys, cleaning the bathroom (sink/floor) & helping load the dryer to name a few.  When he gets older there will be many other small things we can have him help me with in the home.

Training your children when they are small will help when they get older, having a servant heart is a blessing to everyone too!  My Mom trained my siblings and I to help carry the load - it was a huge help as the family grew.


You can read the other posts in this series here.







Linking up with: Wise Woman, Thrive at Home

3 comments:

odile said...

great series

EFY said...

It is a wise mother who teaches her children to "help" from a young age. We all know it is faster and easier to just hurry and do it ourselves, but I must say the payoff of having a young adult "pitching in" on household responsibilities is BIG. The child develops a good work ethic, learns many skills, could run the household if needed and will be prepared for the basics in their own home one day. Blessings

Babychaser said...

I love that you are including your little guy in your chores! Keep it up. I've always done the same, though off and on. Now I have 4 and am trying to figure out how to do the same with all together. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...