Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Recipe :: Peanut Butter Brownie Cups

I made these just the other day and they were so good I thought I'd share them with you all! I hope you give them a try and enjoy them. If you do try them I'd love to hear how they turn out and if you enjoyed them!

Peanut Butter Brownie Cups
Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling

1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, I used crunchy)
1/4 cup brown sugar (I didn't have brown sugar so I just used organic sugar)
2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
3 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter, cubed
3 eggs
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder

In a small mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour until blended; set aside.


In a double boiler (or microwave safe bowl - I don't use a microwave so I used the double boiler method), melt chocolate and butter. Stir until smooth; cool slightly.


In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and water; stir in the chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine that baking powder and remaining flour; add to the chocolate mixture and mix well.


Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full (I realized that I didn't have an paper muffin cups once I got here. : ( so I generously greased my muffin cups and it worked just fine!).


Top each with about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter mixture. Spoon remaining batter over the top.


Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes or until centers are set (do not over-bake). Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks.

Makes 2 dozen.



1 comment:

Crystal said...

These look so yummy! Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations! I will be trying this soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...