Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Gingerbread

~ A family favorite ~
Pumpkin Gingerbread
Makes 2 loafs or 4 mini loafs

3 cups of sugar
1 cup of coconut oil
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 (15oz) can of pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 9x5 loaf pans.

In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice, cinnamon and clove.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pans.

Bake for about 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Enjoy!

 

Growing Home

8 comments:

Joy said...

It looks delicious, Tabitha! Thanks for the recipe. :)

Jenn said...

This sounds so wonderful--I've got the ingredients so I'm going to try it for Thanksgiving morning! Thanks for sharing, visiting from GH Teach me Tuesdays.

Unknown said...

Looks good! I've never cooked with coconut oil before, although that's on my to-try list :) anything I can substitute for it in the meantime?

A Restful Place said...

You can substitute the coconut oil for your preferred cooking oil. Any oil should work, I believe the 'original' recipe called for vegetable oil.

Enjoy!!! :):)

Eileen Marie Miller said...

I'm going to make a loaf to bring to our co-op this week. Thank you!

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

Hello!
We just returned from our Thanksgiving with family and friends. I am a bit late in coming to visit you after you linked up on 'EOA' Wednesday; but,I can almost smell the wonderful aromas coming from your kitchen :) Thank you for sharing your recipe...pumpkin is one of my all time favorites, and the ginger is a great addition since I think the more spices the better ;0 I hope you will continue to add your contribution on Wednesdays...these are the kinds of posts that people love!

Sweet Apron said...

We love pumpkin gingerbread. You can also sub homemade apple butter for the oil with good results. We double the spices and add a splash of molasses. Thanks for this-I think I will make some on this blustery day.

Unknown said...

Mmmm!! This looks so so so good! I have pumpkin bread on my list for this weekend so I'll have to try this variation!

Thanks so much for linking up to my Homemaking Link-Up Weekend! The new link is up for this week and I'd love to have you come link your homemaking posts if you'd like!

Have a great weekend!

Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...