2/3 c. canned cream of coconut (or 3/4 c. coconut cream concentrate)
3 t. vanilla
1/4 t. almond extract
1 large egg
1 c. chocolate chips, if desired
1 T. oil, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
2. Toast 1 cup of the flaked coconut in a pan, until golden brown.
3. Mix toasted coconut, remaining coconut, the flour and salt in a large bowl. Beat milk, cream of coconut, vanilla, almond extract and egg in medium bowl until well mixed. Pour milk mixture over coconut mixtures; stir until well mixed.
4. Drop mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
5. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown (cookies will be
soft in center and set at the edges). Immediately slide parchment paper with cookies from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cook completely.
6. Heat chocolate chips and oil in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chips are melted. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.